As a business owner, you probably know by now that marketing your company in a highly competitive digital landscape is a huge deal, especially now that internet usage has doubled over the past decade. With the digital transformation comes a massive shift in consumer behaviour, greatly affecting businesses from start-ups to large corporations.
To stand out in a saturated online marketplace, you need to know the basics of digital marketing. This article explains what digital marketing is exactly.
What is Digital Marketing?
Like any type of marketing, digital marketing connects and influences potential leads. But unlike traditional physical marketing, you’re producing and creating marketing efforts solely in a digital space. These efforts include website design, pay-per-click advertising, email marketing, social media marketing, and more.
Seeing that marketing can be complex, many business owners seek professional assistance from experienced digital marketing consultants to ensure their strategies are in place. Working with marketers will allow you to create marketing campaigns that will make your consumers tick and reach your business goals.
If you’re thinking of improving your marketing game but don’t know where to start, read on. Here are the basics of digital marketing including concepts, strategies, and assets successful business use to widen their reach online:
What are the most common digital marketing assets?
Anything can be considered a digital marketing asset; it just needs to be a tool that you use online for your marketing efforts. However, many people are unaware of how much assets are at their disposal. Here are some digital marketing assets you can utilise:
- A company website;
- Your brand identity, such as your logo, icons, acronyms, and more;
- Visual content, such as infographics, company photos, video ads, product demos, and more;
- Online tools, such as interactive content, SaaS, and calculators;
- Customer feedback and reviews;
- Social media platforms;
These are only a few of the assets under digital marketing, but you should know the web gets bigger the more you tap into every asset. This is why working with experienced digital marketing consultants is key since they’ll know how to maximise every digital marketing asset you have.
What are the most common digital marketing tactics?
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising: Pay-Per-Click advertising, also known as PPC, is a type of digital marketing where you pay for every consumer who clicks on your ads. Google AdWords and Facebook ads utilise this type of advertising and promise fantastic results, so you should definitely give this a try.
- Search Engine Optimisation: SEO practices help you rank higher on search engine sites, allowing consumers and potential leads to find your products and services, taking them straight to your landing page. The great thing about this is that you don’t pay directly for every click; however, it takes time to rank organically.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media allows you to market your brand in a free and organic way. With social media, you need to curate what content you put out and ensure it’s relevant in the marketplace. Additionally, social media marketing also offers paid ads to improve your efforts with this feature.
- Content Marketing: Depending on your industry, different types of content could help bring in customers to your site. Whatever it is, you need to ensure that you’re sharing relevant knowledge, eye-catching visuals, and shareable content to ensure you tap the right leads.
The Bottom Line: Digital Marketing Requires Lots of Effort and Planning
Working on your digital marketing campaign isn’t a piece of cake; there are many things you need to consider. Besides looking inward and understanding your company’s goals, you also need to do research and learn more about your competitors and consumers.
This is why it’s crucial to work with experienced digital marketing consultants to ensure that the strategies you’re creating will do loads for your company and continue to make your consumers happy.
Hire a digital marketing freelancer
If you’re looking for to hire a digital marketing freelancer, you’ve come to the right place.
Learn more about how I can help you today!